By visiting the Website or engaging us to carry out any type of work for you including all enquiries for the same, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy therefore please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Softbit Solution
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us: you may give us personal information about you when signing up for our newsletter, requesting a brochure, or arranging a design meeting on the Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email, attending an event or entering a competition or otherwise in order to engage us to carry out services for you. The information you give us may include without limitation your name, address, email address, phone number, financial and/or credit card information.
Information we collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to the Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.Information we may receive or collect from other sources:
For your information, a cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Analytical/performance cookies
- Functionality cookies
- Targeting cookies
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of The Influence Room.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us:
- To carry out our obligations that we promise to deliver and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To contact you or for selected third parties to contact you for marketing purposes related to your design requirements;
- To notify you about changes to Softbit Solution, the services we offer or the Website;
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect or receive about you:
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
Disclosure of Your Information
Disclosure by us: we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Softbit Solution or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients and subscribers will be one of the transferred assets;
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who works for us. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. For example; request a brochure, newsletter sign up and arrange a design meeting you will be given an opt out tick box, for prize draws at events, competitions with third parties you will be given an opt in tick box. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Links on the Website to third party websites, including without limitation our list of "friends" whom we recommend and work with, will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the actions of these companies or their privacy policies. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to them.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Any changes we may make to this Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page without notice. Please therefore check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy or anything else about Softbit Solution are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected]